1. Connection Status
- Guide: Guide for users to connect the headset via USB/DP cable, and to assist users with room setup alongside controller pairing.
- Start SteamVR: Launch and restart SteamVR via Pitool.
- Room Setup: Set up room settings (If you only use SteamVR, please do room settings directly from within SteamVR).
- Device Pair: Assistant for users to pair the Vive1.0/2.0 controller, Index controller, or Vive tracker.
- Grey: The device is not connected.
- Flashing gray and blue: The tracker has been found but is not being tracked.
- A steady blue bar : The device is actively being tracked.
- Reboot HMD: Reboots the headset.
- Restart service: Restarts the service.
- 1. Light indicator on the headset
- 2. Error code when disconnected
Controller/Base station/Tracker status indicator:
Red: The connection has failed. Please check the DP/USB connection.
Green: Connection is successful and the headset is operating normally.
Purple: Parallel projection is turned on.
10500: The USB connection failed. Please try to re-plug it or try another USB port.
10600: DP connection has failed. Please re-plug the DP cable or try another DP port.
30000: The Pitool service (Piservicelauncher) is down, please check it.
- Current Version: Pitool version number
- Headset Firmware: Firmware version number
- Select Language: Select the language used in Pitool
- Tracking mode:
- If you have base stations and controllers, please select Lighthouse.
- If you do not have base stations or controllers, please select 9-axis mode for seated, non-roomscale play.
- Light Bar color: Not supported temporarily.
- Refresh Rate: Select your preferred refresh rate. After changing this setting the headset will be disconnected and reconnected.
- Backlight: Select your desired brightness level for the display backlight.
- IPD offset: Adjust the software IPD. This can be used to fine tune the IPD.
- Screen vertical offset value: Adjust the screens vertical offset.
- Motion compensation: Motion compensation will be activated when you connect a controller or Vive tracker. The controller or Vive tracker will be shown in the device list.
- Common Setting: Setting that is applied to all games by default.
- Field of view: Change the headsets FOV (SteamVR is required to restart for this setting to take effect).
- Render quality: Change the game's picture quality. The default is 1 (SteamVR is required to restart for this setting to take effect).
- Fixed Foveated Rendering：Reduce the resolution near the edges of the screen to reduce resource usage and improve performance. (This function needs to be turned on before starting a game).
- Compatible with parallel projections: Visual artifacts for games that do not natively support Pimax FOV require parallel projection to maintain compatibility (Both SteamVR and the game will have to be restarted for this setting to take effect).
- Turn on Smart smoothing: Enabling this function will take effect when the framerate of the game is less than half of the selected refresh rate. Interpolated frames are inserted to double the frame rate and achieve a smoother image, improving performance. This feature is used best for demanding titles to reduce system resource usage.
- Hidden area mask: Mask the screen outside the field of view to optimize performance. If visual artifacts appear in some games, you can uncheck this function (you will need to restart steamVR for this setting to take effect).
- Compatible with Vive only games: Some games are not compatible with headsets other than VIVE. You can check this function to solve the issue and allow you to play Vive only games on pimax headsets. (you will need to restart SteamVR for this setting to take effect).
- Color Contrast/Brightness: Change contrast and brightness of the screen.
Note: This function is only available on NVIDIA RTX graphic cards.
Note: After the options on this page are changed, you will need to click Apply or Save for the settings to take effect. Some settings may require you to restart SteamVR.
- My games: Import your games from this page.
Note: This page will automatically read and import user Steam and Oculus game libraries.
- Diagnose: If there is a problem with the headset connection or tracking, click diagose to check the computer environment and receive recommendations to fix the issue.
- DX: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TCyAl-3alsE2-VekZl5ENvWA0pK3Y5Hw/view?usp=sharing
- VC: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gYd1dcLUfEyJIlOISB2FWHLr-HaRlbli/view?usp=sharing
- Export Log: You can click “export log” and send the logs to us for analyzing.
- Technical Support: Click here to open a ticket with us.